This week we discussed:
- Smoking Bans vs. the First Amendment – Minnesota bars and restaurants casting themselves as theatres. Patrons as “performers”, with smoking as theatrical performance.
- Copyright Ownership of public access broadcasts of city council meetings
- Legality of UFC (Ultimate Fighting Championship) style videos filmed on private property.
- Copyright in U.S. Government funded works, such as Nasa videos and animations
- Rights of freelance bar-mitzvah videographersLegal pitfalls and issues when starting a movie download website
The Law and Video podcast is a live, weekly call-in question-and-answer audio program with entertainment attorney Gordon Firemark answering questions about legal and business issues facing video- and film-makers.