On April 17th, at 10am PST, I’ll be joining my friend Adam Leipzig for a teleseminar entitled :
“DON’T SIGN THAT! What every entrepreneur & artist needs to know about contracts, law & more”
Specially designed for artists & entrepreneurs who don’t have big bucks to spend on legal advice, this 90-minute telephone seminar will give you the most important information you need right now.
- Legal basics every artist & entrepreneur needs to know
- How to protect your ideas, work product, and bottom line
- 5 mistakes do-it-yourself-ers make when writing their own contracts
- How to copyright your work for free or cheap
- Whether you can trademark your work, brand, logo, or name
- 5 things you must have in an option agreement
- What to do if a publisher wants your book
- Who owns what – you or your collaborator? What happens if you disagree?
- When do you need a written contract, and when you can get by without one?
- How to prove you have an agreement
- 3 simple negotiating strategies that can turn the odds in your favor immediately
- How to save money on legal expenses
This live, one-time-only telephone seminar is led by Adam Leipzig, publisher ofCultural Weekly, former president of National Geographic Films, theatre producer and studio executive – who has negotiated thousands of deals. He’ll interview Gordon Firemark, a celebrated attorney whose practice is devoted to the representation of artists, writers, producers and directors in the fields of theater, film, television, and music. Gordon is also the producer and host of Entertainment Law Update, a podcast for artists and professionals in the entertainment industries.
Gordon and Adam will walk you step-by-step through legal basics, mince no words, and cut through the jargon to give you detailed, specific information you can use immediately.
As a live participant, you will be able to email your general questions prior the call, and Gordon and Adam will answer as many as possible. Note: While they can’t provide legal advice on the specifics of your situation, they will educate you on the legal basics you need to protect yourself and your work.
When: Tuesday, April 17, 10:00 am Pacific Time/1:00 pm Eastern Time. The call will last approximately 90 minutes.
How: This is a seminar delivered over the telephone. When you sign up, you will get a dial-in number and a passcode. You will dial-in as you would for a conference call. Participants will also get a downloadable MP3 audio file of the seminar to keep for future reference.
Your investment: $25 (less than it would cost for 5 minutes with a lawyer).
Questions? Go to the FAQ page.
Space is limited. Sign up now!
No risk guarantee: Within 15 days after your purchase, if you feel it wasn’t worth your investment, tell us and we’ll send you a full refund. Period. Our terms and conditions are here.
Get Free Entertainment Law News and Information
Subscribe to get our latest content by email.