The Latest episode of my Entertainment Law podcast, Entertainment Law Update, is now available for your enjoyment. Listen here, or subscribe and download in your favorite podcast listening app. Show notes are located at www.entertainmentlawupdate.com/130
- NEW COMPENDIUM COMING THIS MONTH
- BEVERLY HILLS POLICE OFFICER USES COPYRIGHT TO AVOID LIVE STREAMING
- SCOTUS DENIES CERT TO JACK DANIELS AND MOODSTERS STORIES.
- DESIRE LLC V. MANNA TEXTILES
- UNITED STATES COURT OF APPEALS FOR THE NINTH CIRCUIT
- COX APPEAL AND CIRCUIT SPLIT
- FILMING PERMITS ARE STRICKEN DOWN ON 1ST AMENDMENT GROUNDS
- GOOGLE TO PAY FOR NEWS IN SOME COUNTRIES, NOT OTHERS
- SOCIAL MEDIA RUNDOWN
The Latest episode of my Entertainment Law podcast, Entertainment Law Update, is now available for your enjoyment. Listen here, or subscribe and download in your favorite podcast listening app. Show notes are located at www.entertainmentlawupdate.com/129
- LIEBOWITZ LAWSUIT OVER $15.00 IN REVENUE DEFEATED IN FAIR USE
- OH THE PLACES WE’LL BOLDLY GO – REVERSED EN BANC
- $1B DAMAGES AWARD AGAINST COX UPHELD
- NIKI MINAJ SETTLES WITH TRACY CHAPMAN
- IN MGM/STARZ EXCLUSIVITY SUIT, COURT INTERPRETS PETRELLA
- CASE ACT NOW LAW
- LAWFUL STREAMING ACT PASSED
- TRADEMARK MODERNIZATION ACT PASSED
- NETFLIX/HULU DEALT LOSS IN MISSOURI LOCAL TAX CASE
- NETFLIX SETTLES ENOLA HOLMES CASE
Theatre owners, operators and producers are among those eligible for the Shuttered Venue Operators Grant program being administered by the Small Business Administration.
The program was created under The Economic Aid to Hard-Hit Small Businesses, Nonprofits, and Venues Act, signed into law on December 27, 2020. The program includes $15 billion in grants to shuttered venues.
Eligible applicants may qualify for SVO Grants equal to 45% of their gross earned revenue, with the maximum amount available for a single grant award of $10 million. $2 billion is reserved for eligible applications with up to 50 full-time employees.
This grant program cannot be used by a business that is receiving funds this year under the Paycheck Protection Program. It's either-or, so you'll want to talk with your tax and financial advisers before selecting which program under which to apply.
More information about the program and how to apply (when applications begin being accepted next month) available at: https://www.sba.gov/funding-programs/loans/coronavirus-relief-options/shuttered-venue-operators-grant
Need help? Schedule a consultation.