Imaginary Friends – United States Registration No. 2142251
Facts about this trademark:
The mark was filed on December 12, 1996
The mark was registered on March 10, 1998
The mark is for use of the name “Imaginary Friends” in trade
This mark covers the categories of “pre-recorded compact discs, audio and video cassettes featuring music” and “entertainment, namely, live performances by a musical band.”
The mark is both a trademark and service mark on the principal register
General Trademark Information:
What is a trademark?
According to the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office, “a trademark is a word, phrase, symbol or design, or a combination thereof, that identifies and distinguishes the source of the goods of one party from those of others.”
What rights does a trademark holder have?
A trademark typically protects brand names and logos used on goods and services, preventing others from using the same or a confusingly similar mark to identify the source of their goods or services where this would cause confusion in the mind of consumers.
What advantages does registration give to a trademark holder?
According to the USPTO, there are several advantages to registering a trademark on the principal register, including:
- Public notice of your claim of ownership of the mark;
- A legal presumption of your ownership of the mark and your exclusive right to use the mark nationwide on or in connection with the goods/services listed in the registration;
- The ability to bring an action concerning the mark in federal court;
- The use of the U.S. registration as a basis to obtain registration in foreign countries;
- The ability to record the U.S. registration with the U.S. Customs and Border Protection (CBP) Service to prevent importation of infringing foreign goods;
- The right to use the federal registration symbol ®; and
- Listing in the United States Patent and Trademark Office’s online databases.
For more information about trademarks generally, please see this document created by the USPTO.
To contact us regarding this matter please send an email to email@example.com.